Monday, October 1, 2012

Review - Otto Ristorante - Woolloomooloo

We went to Otto Ristorante for a casual Anniversary lunch and it did not disappoint. The food, as always was spectacular in freshness, taste and presentation. The day was beautiful and sunny so we also had the great view. I had the fish and my husband ordered the duck and I ordered 3 sides (sugar snaps, chat potatoes and salad) as, from experience, the dishes are usually literally the protein. When the dishes arrived my husband was glad I’d ordered the sides as, at first glance, he felt his duck leg was tiny. After the main my husband was surprised he wasn’t still hungry so he skipped dessert but I couldn’t resist the hazelnut mousse. It was absolutely incredible. My only gripe was that every time one of the waiters walked behind me, she’d accidently bump my chair which makes it hard to totally relax and enjoy your anniversary when every 5 minutes (pretty much without fail) you feel a bump and hear “oh sorry” once is fine, but wouldn’t you figure out another path when you’re being repeatedly this disruptive to your patrons? The bill was $190 and that covered a beer + spirit + wine, 2 mains, 3 sides, one dessert. 


No comments:

Post a Comment