Saturday, October 13, 2012

Review - Mino Japanese - Willoughby



We had the $30 set menu. What great, fresh, delicious food for amazing value!

1.       This was the daily soup (this was potato)
2.       Sushi and Sashimi (a generous serving each: Sashimi – Salmon 2p / Tuna 2p / Kingfish 2p Sushi – Aburi Salmon 2p)
3.       3 Assorted Entrée, again each: Grilled Salmon wrapped in Foil, Beef and Potato Croquette, Steamed Prawns with plum dressing
4.       Choice of main each so we got Salmon Teriyaki and Assorted Tempura

The food was timely and the staff were a thorough delight. My only issue was noise travelling and the paranoia that we may not be able to get a table. As there’s no background music my voice seemed to ricochet of everything and echo down the restaurant so I needed to be very self aware all the while I was there and make sure I didn’t do too much exclaiming. This was enhanced by there only being 2 other tables with diners which segways to my other negative – when you try to call for a booking the phone goes to a weird recording that doesn’t sound like an answering machine?

Highly recommend and cant wait to go back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment