Friday, February 24, 2012

Review For Pendolino - Sydney




I've been very lucky to have been to both Bambini Trust and Pendolino in the one week and I really can't say which I prefer? I LOVE the New York style feel to Pendolino - everything about the vibe absolutely does it for me. Only issue we had with surroundings was that it was like a sweat box - bikram dining!

It’s rare for me to eat the bread on arrival (usually bread for me serves only a 'savour every last drop of the sauce' purpose) but there’s no way to resist sampling the bread selection at Pendolino, especially as you're given a sample selection of their olive oils to accompany.

For my entree I had the Spaghetti Chitarra Con Pesce D’acquadolce - Freshly-made Chitarra Spaghetti with Barramundi, Wild Prawns, Chilli, Capers, Garlic and Pinot Grigio White Wine. For my main, the duck leg (pictured) which was served with polenta and lentils. Last, the honeycomb dessert (pictured) which was so fantastic it was ridiculous. Thanks to our sommelier we had the perfect wine to match all our courses and for 3 people, 3 courses the bill came to $310 which included the $75 bottle of wine.
Definitely must cook back and definitely must purchase their pasta cook book when it’s released.http://www.pendolino.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment