Saturday, February 18, 2012

Review For Bambini Trust - Sydney

Wow what a great meal! 5 of us went for dinner starting in the wine bar at 6 and migrating into the restaurant at 7. We all decided to do main and dessert (and needless to say, wine). I had the duck pappardelle (pictured) which was to die for and I can't wait to make a version of my own soon. One of the gang had the spatchcock (pictured) which I tasted and it was also incredible. I can't say the dessert menu overly exited me but that's just personal preference as I'm fussy with desserts. I had a chocolate and salted caramel dish (pictured) and it was nice. I just felt a base of crumbled biscotti or something to add a variety to the texture would have made sense. The bill was $400 for 5 people and for the quality I think it was worth every scent. Especially as we were treated to a complimentary starter of tuna tartar. Last, even though the staff are in an almost pretentious setting this hasn't got the better of them. They were all down to earth, knowledgable, polite and just thoroughly delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment