Sunday, February 5, 2012

Review For Jamie's Italian - Sydney


Heaven. This is heaven. I tried out this restaurant with my oldest friend (in friendship tenure vs. age) and love love loved it. The vibe reminded me of Fratelli Fresh  – it’s all about loving fresh food and loving life. I believe you can’t book but this wasn’t an issue as we went at 6:00pm on a rainy, cold, miserable summers (?) Thursday. Really can’t faulty anything as the service was great – the waitress we had was clearly a career waiter she was that efficient. The food was fresh, tasty and presented beautifully. One word of advice I have is this: I’m a chilli wimp (one taste and I’m downing litres of water). I asked for my fish with no chilli. I was asked if I was allergic to which I said no. There would have been at least 4 whole small chillis in my dish. I showed the waitress but she was totally unfazed and wasn’t compelled to offer a dessert or wine or anything else as an apology. In some ways fair enough as I had eaten every last bite so I guess she thought my mouth said ‘no’ but my stomach has said ‘yes’. So that’s the only thing – your password to getting what you asked for in terms of removed ingredients is ALLERGIC. Don’t be afraid to use it - otherwise the kitchen will just do as they please.

We had the following along with a really nice bottle of Pinot Noir and the bill was $140 with tip.
Starters: SWEET MINI CHILLI PEPPERS - Stuffed with whipped ricotta, mint & lemon + FAT GREEN OLIVES ON ICE - Large green olives, black olive tapenade & crispy "music bread". Mains: FISH BAKED IN A BAG- Local fish of the day with clams, mussels, fennel, chilli, anchovies & Sicilian cracked wheat + VEAL SALTIMBOCCA - Wafer-thin veal with sage & prosciutto flash-grilled with a spicy tomato, basil & chilli salsa. Dessert: THE ULTIMATE BROWNIE - Chocolate, raspberry & amaretto brownie with vanilla ice cream (shared it)



<script type="text/javascript">


  var _gaq = _gaq || [];
  _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-28947221-1']);
  _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);


  (function() {
    var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
    ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
    var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
  })();


</script>

No comments:

Post a Comment