Saturday, January 7, 2012

Review For Bombe Alaska - Willoughby

Zucchini Flower 
Spatchcock

This is a great find tucked away in Willoughby. If you’re after modern Australian food at fairly reasonable prices (2 entrees + 2 mains = less than $100) you should be quite satisfied. The menu is full of variety – although in some cases there are entree/main combinations that I don’t think match each other. I had the zucchini flower for my entree then the Spatchcock for the main. The zucchini flower was great and the spatchcock was lovely just a little on the dry side... The sauce with it was nice. It was only us there and a group of four arrived half way through our time there. We became a little forgotten about when the second group arrived so the service, while pleasant, wasn’t the greatest when the waitress had to multi-task. Overall I would recommend it and I think there’s no need to book as they do always seem quiet and I’m really not sure why as it truly is a great find.

No comments:

Post a Comment